A plain colored dress always makes my fingers itch. Not for anything else, but to jazz it up with my choice of beads and sequins. A little sewing skills and a whole lot of imagination will take girls party dresses a long way.
|Royal Blue Junior Girls Party Dress|
Here are a few essential tips for the budding “beader”:
|Turquoise Girls Party Dress with Square Rosette Neckline|
- Pick out the dress you are about to spruce up. Plain colors always work well with different colors of beads and sequins.
- Choose your sequins. A quick trip to a fabric or craft store will lead you through aisles and aisles of beading artillery. Pick a good color scheme and buy away.
- Think about your daughter’s current interest and the kinds of girls party dresses she would be excited to wear. If, for example, she is into butterflies, then find a good image that you can copy and translate into a design.
|Girls Fuschia Party Dress With Sheer Overlay and Matching Shawl|
- Get a piece of tissue and gently sketch the design on it using a pencil. Secure the piece of tissue on the dress with a few pins. When you’re done beading, you can pull out the tissue gently.
- Start beading with a stitch you are used to doing. Keep at it until the design shines through. Your daughter will love it.
Get to know more about us on our Facebook page!