DIY Organizer made from a Shoe Box for Kids ages 7 and up
Shoe boxes, especially those that are made from thick cartons can be recycled and made into something functional such as, a cute organizer. Here is a simple DIY Organizer that you and your kids ages 7 and up can make out of a shoe box.
Here are the things that you will need:
- A shoe box
- Gift wrapper
- Sturdy tape
- Chinese Brush
- Pair of Scissors
- 2 pcs buttons
Here are the step by step instructions:
1. Choose a shoe box made of thick carton.
2. Using the sturdy tape, attach the lid to the box. The tape could be inside or outside of the box and lid.
4. Pour glue into the surface of the outer layer of the box.
5. Spread the glue evenly using the Chinese brush. Let the glue dry a bit.
6. Carefully lay the gift wrapper on the outer surface of the shoebox.
8. Attach the one button the lid, and the other on the shoebox to serve as the organizer's lock.
9. Use rubber band or string to close and lock the organizer.
10. Depending on your taste, you may add embellishments to decorate your organizer.
You can now put your small belongings such as small toys, accessories, etc. inside your DIY Organizer.