Party Girl Dress Page RedesignI am working on redesigning the page, party girl dresses page. It's a challenging project.
Goals of the project are:1. Make it so Google likes the page.
2. Make it visually appealing to our actual buyers.
Challenges:1. The term Party Girl Dresses is very generic. It includes our customers, as well as a lot of non-customers. With Google, we want to attract customers, but not the others.
2. Keeping the page so both Mothers (our usual buyers) and their daughters like the page.
3. Snippet is so so.
4. Fonts are not consistent. This page used Helvetica, and per my graphic designer, it should be Raleway, a Google Font.. This is a neat video about Helvetica. A goal with a good web page, is not have to many fonts.
5. Banner is not very partish.
6. Text, a bit generic.
Snippet Ideas:The snippet this is the text that Google sees when you type the search term, party girls.
Snippet Text Google Shows:Get your daughter the perfect party dress. Beautiful, Stylish, and Guaranteed. Dresses you and her will love that are age appropriate and affordable from size 2
Snippet Text I have:Get your daughter the perfect party dress. Beautiful, Stylish, and Guaranteed. Dresses you and her will love that are age appropriate and affordable from size 2 to 16! Free Shipping & Returns*
So Google cut it off after the 2. Hmm.
Issues with this:1. Size 2 is much younger than our typical purchase.
2. Nothing about free shipping or returns
Snippet Challenges:1. This probably makes it a low click through. The headache with Google, is you can't test it to see what works. A good rule of thumb, is always test. Since you really don't know what will work.
2. Google, can and will select their own snippet.
3. The snippet needs to say, we sell girls dresses, not dresses for ages over 16. The term girls dress, can also be used for ages 18-28 dresses.
Revised Snippet:Get your daughter the perfect party girls dress. Beautiful, Stylish, and Guaranteed with Free Shipping & Returns. You and her will love our dresses, that are age appropriate and affordable!
Banners:The current banner I like, it has two super cute customer pictures on it, but it's not very Party focused.
An Old Banner:
I have redesigned banner I may be using that is more party focused.