|Girl's Red Cap sleeved Taffeta Formal Dress|
What you will need:
- an old red Christmas tree skirt
- old red pillow case
- simple sewing kit (if you can't sew, a hot glue gun or hemming tape will do)
What you will do:
- Because it's a Christmas tree skirt, be sure to clean it very well, better if you put it in the wash.
- Once dry, cut a hole a little larger than the neck of your child.
- Fold in the edges where your cut the hole (around a half an inch or so) and sew the edges down (you can use hemming tape or a hot glue gun if you can't sew). This is your cape. Now for the hood.
- Cut one long side of the old red pillow case (on the fold) from the open end to the closed end.
- Fold in the edges where you cut, about ½ inch and sew like the you did with the cape.
- Try the hood on your daughter, cut off any excess fabric. It is important that the hood cover the back of the head until a little pass the shoulders.
- Now place the cape you made, making sure that the ends of the hood will be under the cape. Tip: you can secure the hood to the cape with some hemming tape.
Now all you need is a small wicker basket as her Halloween candy bag and she's off to see her grandmother.
Get to know more about us on our Facebook page!