|Girls White Satin Bodice and Tulle Skirt Ballerina Dress|
Using one our very popular dress, DKD264W (the White Satin Bodice with Tulle Skirt Ballerina Dress), an angel’s halo and wings that you can make at home, you can create a lovely angel costume at a fraction of the cost of buying a complete angel costume. Let’s make those Angel wings and halo:
What you will need:
- Hard cardboard
- Box Cutter or Heavy Duty Scissors
- Coffee filters or white paper plates
- Rope or heavy duty string
- Hot glue gun
- Some White Pipe Cleaner
- Glitter Finishing Spray
What you will do:
- Using the marker, draw a simple wing shape on the card board, remember, it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Cut out the wings with the box cutter or heavy duty scissors
- See where the wings will fit comfortably on your child
- Punch 4 holes into the cardboard wings (2 holes on each side of the wings)
- String the rope thru them
- Fold the coffee filters or white paper plates in half and glue them to the wings to resemble feathers (use hot the hot glue gun to secure the feathers), be sure that the round edges is pointing down. Use the Glitter finishing spray to give the wings a shiny look.
- Now take some white and make a circle for the halo and use more pipe cleaners to connect the halo to the wings. Use the glue gun to secure the halo.
Now you have a lovely angel costume for your daughter. And the best part, you can use the dress again after Halloween.
Next blog we'll have a very sweet idea for you.
Get to know more about us on our Facebook page!