As I was channel surfing the other day, I found a story about Disney Land. I saw that Minnie Mouse wasn’t in her usual red and white polka dot dress, but in a lovely blue dress. It actually looked like one of our best selling dresses, our Navy Blue Girls’ Party Dress with Rosette Neckline (DKCJ1206N). Then I said to myself, “hey, that would be a great costume idea!” Not only will your daughter look great in our high quality and affordable dress, she can use it again and again.
|Navy Blue Girls' Party Dress with Rosette Neckline|
All you need is black long sleeved leotard (perfect on a cool Halloween day), white socks, red shoes, Minnie Mouse Mask (or Mickey Mouse ears) and Mickey/Minnie Mouse cartoon gloves (ordinary white gloves will do). But if you want, you make your own Minnie Mouse Ears complete with a red bow. Here’s how:
What you will need:
- Black plastic headband
- Black and red felt
- Hot glue gun or hemming tape
- Cotton balls
What you will do:
- Cut 4 large circles out of the black felt, be sure they are of the same size. Note: they should be sized appropriately for your child
- Glue the circles together, 2 circles for each ear (use hot glue or hemming tape on the inside edges of the circle). Leave a small opening so you can stuff the ears with cotton balls. Wait for glue to dry.
- Stuff the cotton balls in each ear. Don’t put too many. Flatten slightly with your hand. Cut remaining cotton strands.
- Seal the opening
- Now with the red felt, cut Minnie Mouse’s signature red hair bow, this should be two bow shapes.
- Follow the same instructions you did for the ears.
- Now attach the mouse ears to the headband leaving some space for the red bow. After the ears dry, attach the red bow. You will need the hot glue gun for this.
You can now dress up your little Minnie Mouse! You can use eyebrow pencil for the mouse nose.
Get to know more about us on our Facebook page!