DIY Bookmark for Kids ages 3 and up
Making a simple animal bookmarker from readily available art materials can be fun. Here is a simple DIY BEE Bookmarker that you can do with your kids ages 3 and up.
Here are the things that you will need:
- Cardstock or construction paper (Yellow, black and light blue)
- Pair of Scissors
- Crafts Glue
Below are simple instructions and basic illustrations to serve as your guide in creating Busy Bee Bookmark.
Draw and Cut
- Draw and Cut shapes that will make up the bee's body parts as shown in the illustration below.
- Cut the shapes according to your desired size, but make sure to make each size proportionate with the desired image size.
- Paste the eyes and mouth to make up the face first, then paste the tips of the stings at the back of the head as shown in the illustration below:
- Next, do the Bee's body by pasting the black stripes on the yellow oblong.
- Attach the face of the bee on its body as shown in the illustration below.
- Two by two, paste the tip of the blue oblong shapes on both sides of the bee as shown in the illustration below.
- Next, paste the Popsicle stick at the back of the bee figure.
- Then, put glue all over the backside of the figure, lay the figure flat on the yellow card stock and paste until dry.
- Finally, trace/cut the figure on the side to remove the excess card stock.
Get to know more about us on our Facebook page!