Feeling crafty today? Why don’t you make something useful and something fun with your kids today? Before you throw anything away, think if you can use it for something else like a cereal box for a tote bag. Who would ever think its possible? But it is… here’s how:
What you'll need
- 1 empty cereal box, any size
- Gift wrapping paper or newspaper
- Mod Podge matte sealer
How to make it:
- Cut off the box's top flaps.
- Measure where you want your handle to be, probably about an inch from the open end. Draw a 4x1 inch oval centered on the front and back of the box then cut out the ovals to create the handles.
- Measure the box and cut out your paper according to the measurement. Or you can also just tear your paper into various shapes.
- Apply a small amount of Mod Podge using the paintbrush to the whole box then smooth the paper onto the box. Fold the papers over the edges of the box where necessary. Spread more Mod Podge over the paper to help seal it in place. Let it dry for about 20 minutes.
- To close the tote easily, fold a line down the middle of each side of the box, then bring the edges together to crease the fold.
Done! And now you have a new tote bag to carry along while you shop. You can even use this as a gift bag to give to others!
Stay tuned for more crafty bits only here in our blog! Don’t forget to shop at Elitedresses.com, if you’re looking for a great dress for your little princess.
Get to know more about us on our Facebook page!